Sunday, January 06, 2013

The Beginning of Professional Me...

Life in Chandigarh is complacent since the day it began. I no doubt had my own share of ups and downs, both professional and personal, but am satiated so far. 
I often think of the professional Me and then again I go back to my initial times and ask myself this question over and over again - Did I ever dream of being a corporate professional? Till date, I haven't been really successful in getting a satisfactory response to my constant questioning but if I think of today, I do feel good about my work. Working and being a part of corporate world is more of an experience than a feeling. Its full of numerous new interactions, new people, new places (specially in my case!!), new goals and perhaps new challenges. Though not much has come my way yet, or may be i didn't feel like that till now, but its really a good feeling working in a company. It means a lot.. it means you have a responsibility in your hands, it means you have to fulfill certain expectations, it also means you're a part as well as representative of a team.. a huge group of people, and then it means you have to make your living!!
Working with Infosys has been a roller coaster ride. There have been numerous ups and downs in all these months and don't know how many are piled up ahead. But seems it has prepared me to deal with any uncertainty with a chilled out attitude. I still remember the time when I was in mysore for training. Despite the pressure of maintaining a decent CGPA, despite the constant stress, despite the struggle, despite those zillion tests and modules, despite those sleep deprived nights due to the zillion tests, despite the home sickness, those were the best days of my life! I have lived one of the most beautiful days of my life in Infosys Mysore DC and I really wish if I could get a chance to visit it again. Well, they don't prefer calling it office, instead, they call it a DC - Development Center of Infosys. Seems fine too, for a distinct organization, there should be certain distinct labels. Everything was so perfect there.. the huge mansion-like campus - the kind which make you feel that they belong to you, the serene greenery, the paths so clean as if the roads have been built a moment ago, the hotel-like food courts, rocking DJ parties, our very favorite pool side, entire ECC (Employee Care Center), darling multiplex (This one is probably the best part of Mysore DC!! Gawd.. I miss it!!), late night CCDs and Baskin-Robins, awesome weather round the year and so much more. Its less of a professional and more of a college environment. 
Those were the days which laid the foundation of building the college student in me to a responsible corporate person. I wouldn't be justified in calling myself the exact replica of what I always looked up to when I admired a successful figure like Mr. Narayan Murthy, it has taken him a long time, perhaps his entire lifetime to reach that place, but I can definitely say that I see myself travelling the same road with a similar vision - To change the world - To change MY world.
As I write this post, I realize that dreams are actually indefinite and it only takes a right vision to turn them into reality. I hope mine too comes out to be one of such kind because I completely agree when they say:
If you can dream it, you can make it happen.

No comments: