Saturday, December 20, 2008

Cold cold winters...

Hardly two or three minutes back when I took the first sip of my tomato soup, I realized that to whichever season it may be compared to, winter season remains unsurpassed among all! And this very feeling made me jump into my blanket and start tapping my fingers on the keyboard to compose this post while sipping away the hot soup.
I guess I love every little or big aspect of this beautiful season. The woolen jackets and fur over coats, rubbing off hands to produce any possible amount of heat, noses turning red, shiver down the spine, freezing carbon dioxide coming out of the mouth (..gawd I love it!!), basking in the sun, the intense fog making you feel as if the clouds have climbed down to earth, watching people and vehicles moving in and out of these clouds, getting all the more lethargic, sweet corn soup, hot coffee or hot choco which seem to taste better than ever before, sitting besides fireplace, reading a novel and realizing its more interesting than you'd heard or thought, raisins, chilled ice creams (I bet no winter memory is complete without ice creams!!) and so much more! I absolutely love visiting hill stations specially those with ample of snow covered roads and surroundings. No wonder I cherish my Rohtang pass tour more than any other I have been to. Snowfall, though still a part of my fantasies, is the bestest (if there exists such a word!!) part of the winters! Well I guess that suggests I must plan for Simla within coming few weeks.. whatsay folks!! he he..!
Very lately when I was in Delhi hanging out with friends, I lived one of the most splendid winter evenings of my life. At the exit gate of the metro station, while on our way to a friend's pg, it occurred to one of us the idea to go for cycling. Thanks to Delhi metros which leave you as refreshing at the destination station as you were at the source, despite the heavy traffic on the city roads. So there we were, all four gals ready to hit the road with our selected cycles. I must appreciate my confidence then as I was going to ride a bicycle after almost 10 years. Whatever! Who cares! We started off and there was no stopping then. Paddling to the full force, honking unnecessarily, outlining all possible geometrical figures with special emphasis on curves, then resting the paddles to let the cycle move on its own, playing with the handle and experiencing the chilling breeze across the face and to add the perfect bollywood touch, singing in chorus "awara bhawre jo haule haule gaaye..". To the people walking in the lanes, two kinds of impressions of ours might have occurred. Either of those too small kids who have recently learned riding a bicycle or of those too big to care for the world around them. We belonged to the second category. Atleast from what we felt at that time. After a long ride, we rested to have momos and were on the way back with the same spirits! If I could describe the experience, the feeling in a single word, I'd say it was heavenly, a blend of perfect timing, perfect climate and the very perfect companions!Cheers gurlz! ;)
At times (may be more than that!), I really enjoy sitting in the balcony late at nights, feeling the cold, listening to the rustling of leaves and tuning to my favorite music. Nothing seems to matter at that time. Life seems to come to a halt at those moments but they are something that are capable enough to move me...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

nice start with a sweet ending. i dont have much words to say but the ending is almost perfect with the beauty of the nature discovering in urself. a gud one to read...:):)

shreya said...

hey cant enjoy d winters d 1 u hv expressed over here,but 1 hing u hv missed n i think dat is mos importan 4 u i.e heater under ur blanket ..... m i right mam

Aashima said...

he he.. yess you're rite but then if I'd start with my list.. then, as you know, it'll be too long ;)